Saturday, January 19, 2013

and so it begins...

and so it begins...
clothingcanadafashion-the blog
this is where the day to day finds appear
and from here  will be filtered to www.clothingcanadafashion.com -the website...


COLLECTED, WE STAND…

I am in the process of developing a highly comprehensive website “ClothingCanadaFashion” as an archive and data base chronicling the story of Canadian Clothing and Fashion from pre confederation to the present, and am including the garments, the companies and the individuals who are, or have been, a part of our great Canadian clothing and fashion heritage and future.
 
IT IS TIME....
 
I like to work on hunches, and I like it even better when things start to flow with me....it tells me I am heading in the right direction!
 
And, while walking to the Academy this week, up Yonge St., I passed " Mirabelli",
I always look in the window, but this time a new addition, there on the bottom right, "
"FRANCO MIRABELLI
IMAGINED, DESIGNED AND CREATED IN CANADA"
WAY TO GO FRANCO...
And while snapping the pic for the new blog, Franco himself came out, strange occurence as his main locale is the factory, and I haven't seen him in over 25 years. So nice to connect in person!  
I am taking that as my omen to get moving on this project....
you will notice that at the end of each post I will add any designers names and websites that I have not already posted...
for further information you can also go to "labels" and click to find complete listing for all the designers so far mentioned...

FRANCO MIRABELLI  http://www.mirabelli.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment